We The People is a global movement of citizens working to put the power back in people. Our mission is to give every single person the power to step up and speak out without having to be afraid. We conduct ground-breaking research, strengthen civil society, and are building an open blockchain platform that will give citizens the tools and resources to step up and be heard while remaining safe, secure, and, when needed, anonymous. Through our campaigns, training, services and ultimately our platform, we're adopting a different approach that will ensure everyone has hope.
We are now seeking a savvy, disruptive, and highly self-motivated individual to tell our story to the world. We’ve created a highly-personal, progressive brand that aims to instill hope in our audience in line with our radically ambitious mission. This is a part time position, subject to a probation period, that may become a full time position.
The quirkier, the better! This position is best suited for someone looking to build a global brand. We don't do vanilla.
What's the role?
Based in Hong Kong, you will ensure that we get our brand out there and achieve our marketing goals. You will utilise a wide range of online and offline tools to tell our story across multiple channels as well as to a broad audience. You will primarily be responsible for ensuring that our mission, work, consultations, campaigns, special projects, giving community, and other calls to action are marketed to various audiences, especially to create strong engagement. You will also be responsible for creating engaging content, implementing broader strategies, and managing day-to-day interactions on our marketing channel. Additionally, you will liaise with various stakeholders, including state and non-state actors, liaise with internal teams, and coordinate partnerships. You will utilise a range of online and offline channels, including social and print media, to raise awareness of our brand, assist in our Global Consultation, appeal to donors, and creatively engage new supporter segments.
You should be able to demonstrate credibility with a proven experience in similar roles and knowledge in digital marketing, content creation, as well as traditional marketing. You will need to have great creative skills and be able to maintain the highest standards of work while working under pressure.
We'll trust you to:
- Tell a fun, interesting story everyday to people everywhere
- Demonstrate an understanding of We The People’s vision, mission, and brand values and represent our values on a wider level
- Create and distribute a range of content in line with our wider goals and strategic priorities
- Design stunning content
- Manage our social media channels
- Lead our donor marketing campaign, including Liberate
- Respond to and solve public queries, comments, and complaints
- Max out registrations for our events
- Help recruit new supporters, including partners, volunteers, and donors
- Demonstrate the effectiveness of our marketing efforts by achieving (if not exceeding) KPIs
- Plan and lead cross-functional efforts to drive announcements, campaigns, and calls-to-action, globally
- Create and implement engagement strategies for a wide range of audiences
- Frequently and effectively communicate with internal stakeholders to ensure that they are in the know on our work as well as important updates
- Keep an eye on the processes and tools we use to manage projects, constantly looking for improvements, identifying and fixing gaps as needed
- Manage confidential and sensitive data
- Collaborate with our team and partners to develop strategic initiatives to achieve quarterly and annual marketing goals
- Draft press releases; strategically pitch to local, regional, and international media outlets to generate awareness and support for our organisation
- Develop marketing materials to support our engagement and supporter strategy, including pitch decks, one-pagers, FAQs, and other collateral as needed
- Own content development, including drafting and editing white papers, case studies, blog posts, email newsletters, and social media
- Write website copy and coordinate with internal and external parties to develop the layout, design, and messaging of our various websites
You'll need to have:
- Background in marketing, communication, advertising, or similar fields
- Previous digital marketing experience (essential)
- Experience in content creation and management
- Design skills (essential)
- Illustration skills
- Knowledge of Hubspot
- Excellent English (speaking, reading, and writing)
- The qualities needed to be a strong team player and disciplined self-starter
- Knowledge of social media content and engagement strategy
- Highly proactive and confident attitude in approach and strategy
- Solid track record of success in previous roles
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to be a part of a broader team as well as work independently and lead teams (when required)
We'd love to see:
- Other language skills, especially Mandarin, Russian or Spanish
- Experience working for other disruptive brands
- Immediate availability