We The People is a global movement of citizens working to take democracy online. Our mission is to give people the power to step up and speak out. We’re using high-tech driven solutions to solve some of the world’s most pressing challenges. We conduct research, strengthen civil society and existing human rights mechanisms, and ultimately, we’re building an open blockchain platform that will give citizens the tools and resources to step up and be heard while remaining safe, secure, and, when needed, anonymous. We believe everyone deserves hope.
We are now seeking a savvy, disruptive, and highly self-motivated individual to tell our story to the world. We’ve created a highly-personal, progressive brand that aims to instil hope in our audience in line with our radically ambitious mission. This position is best suited for individuals interested in gaining internship experience in a trailblazing, highly disruptive nonprofit. You will learn more about We The People’s vision for the future of citizenship. Additionally, interns will attend meetings with staff and may have the opportunity to take advantage of exclusive training and briefings.
This is an intern position subject to a probation period.
What's the role?
Based in Hong Kong, you will utilise a wide range of online and offline tools to tell our story across multiple channels as well as a broad audience. You will primarily be responsible for ensuring that our mission, work, consultations, campaigns, special projects, giving community, and other calls to action are marketed to various audiences, especially to create strong engagement. You will also be responsible for creating engaging content, implementing broader strategies, and managing day-to-day interactions on our marketing channels. Additionally, you will liaise with various stakeholders, including state and non-state actors, liaise with internal teams, and coordinate partnerships. You will utilise a range of online and offline channels, including social and print media, to raise awareness of our brand, assist in our Global Consultation, appeal to donors, and establish new supporter segments. You should be able to demonstrate credibility with a proven experience in similar roles and knowledge in digital marketing, content creation, as well as traditional marketing. You will need to have great creativity skills and be able to maintain the highest standards of work while working under pressure.
We'll trust you to:
- Tell a fun, interesting story everyday to people everywhere
- Demonstrate an understanding of We The People’s vision, mission, and brand values and represent our values on a wider level
- Create and distribute a range of content in line with our wider goals and strategic priorities
- Plan and lead cross-functional efforts to drive announcements, campaigns, and calls-to-action, globally
- Create and implement engagement strategies for a wide range of audiences
- Frequently and effectively communicate with internal stakeholders to ensure they are in the know on our work as well as important updates
- Keep an eye on the processes and tools we use to manage projects, constantly looking for improvements, identifying and fixing gaps as needed
- Collaborate with our team and partners to develop strategic initiatives to achieve quarterly and annual marketing goals
- Draft press releases; strategically pitch to local, regional, and international media outlets to generate awareness and support for our organisation
- Develop marketing materials to support our engagement and supporter strategy, including pitch decks, one-pagers, FAQs, and other collateral as needed
- Own content development, including drafting and editing white papers, case studies, blog posts, email newsletters, and social media
- Write website copy and coordinate with internal and external parties to develop the layout, design, and messaging of our various websites
You'll need to have:
- Background in marketing, communication, advertising, or similar fields
- Previous digital marketing experience is essential
- Experience in content creation and management
- Knowledge of Hubspot
- Excellent English (speaking, reading, and writing)
- Strong team player and disciplined self-starter
- Stunning design skills
- Knowledge of social media content and engagement strategy
- Highly proactive and confident attitude in approach and strategy
- Solid track record of success in previous roles
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
We'd love to see:
- Other language skills, especially Mandarin, Russian or Spanish
- Experience working for other civil society groups
- Immediate availability